Saturday 14 July 2012

Friday the 13th 25th Anniversary Boxed Set


I wanted to put this up yesterday, but due to a busy schedule I could only do Part 3 Jason. Thankfully, after some free time, I now bring to the chopping block, the Friday the 13th 25th Anniversary Boxed Set featuring Jason Voorhees, as seen in Friday the 13th Part 2 and Mrs. Voorhees from Friday the 13th.

Released in 2007, the 25th Anniversary box set was an absolutely impressive release. The set came with sackhead Jason Voorhees, accessories including pickaxe, pitchfork, machete, spear and alternate unmasked head. Mrs. Voorhees came with a knife, axe, bow and arrow. If that wasn't enough, you also get Jason's shrine to honour his mother (as seen in Part 2) as a display piece. Each figure has a base that can be joined with the display piece to form a massive diorama.

The paint work and sculpt is excellent on Jason Voorhees, be it the masked or unmasked (his beard could've been better though). Mrs. Voorhees sculpt on the other hand isn't as great. The sculpt doesn't quite capture Betsy Palmer's face. It's not the worse that NECA's done, but it definitely could've been better. Atriculation is standard, but extremely limited on the figures, with cut joints only in the upper body. You definitely won't be pulling off any amazing poses, but the ones you want can be obtained.

I definitely recommend picking up this box set if you can get your hands on it. I see eBay has several listings for a pretty good price.

Now for a ton of glorious photos! (Click to enlarge.)

About " "

I'm a gamer, movie watcher, book reader, collector of action figures and sometimes on random I'll wander outside. I mostly enjoy horror related items of terror, so you might notice a trend when visiting my two sites: From the Mind of Tatlock and From the Basement of Tatlock.
  1. I had commented on this previously, but it either didn't post or you deleted it... Haha!

    I find that Mrs. Voorhees kind of looks like an adolescent boy with braces... Perhaps not in real life though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You've now ruined this figure for me. Congratulations.

      Delete
    2. Whoops! I'm sure she looks sufficiently evil and woman-like if I were to see her in person...

      Delete
    3. Haha, there is no undoing what you said. ;)

      All kidding aside though. As you can see in my post, I do agree that the face isn't the best and you're right, she does look like she is wearing braces.

      Delete

 
Copyright © 2014 ACTION FIGURES AND COLLECTIBLES | FROM THE BASEMENT OF TATLOCK