Thursday 24 January 2013

Dr. Gordon Freeman (Half-Life 2)

OTHER FIGURES

The showcase for today is the glasses wearing, crowbar wielding, ass kicking nerd known as Dr. Gordon Freeman. He may not say a lot, but he certainly knows how to beat the living crap out of things. The figure thankfully encompasses that awesomeness in a tiny little 7" package. Clickety-click on to check out the showcase and a boat load of photos.

If you haven't played the Half-Life series, you're really missing something in your life, like seriously missing something. I wasn't going to say it, but you might be missing a brain, cause you need to be brainless to not have played them. They are no awesome in fact, that I sat down and went through Half-LifeHalf-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life: Opposing ForceHalf-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1 and finally Half-Life 2: Episode 2 in a span of a week or so. It was exhausting, but an incredibly amazing gaming experience. If you haven't already guessed yet, for a majority of the games, you play as Dr. Gordon Freeman, a scientist who is in the wrong place at the wrong time.


As for the figure, it's in the right place at the right time, with the right place being my grubby little hands. This guy is fantastic, with tons of detail in the sculpt and a stellar job on the paint work. The figure has a good amount of articulation, with movement in the head, shoulders, elbows, upper torso, wrists, hips, thighs, knees and finally ankles. You can obtain a pretty good amount of poses with all this articulation. As for accessories, he comes with the gravity gun, crowbar, bug bomb, two sets of hands and finally a tiny little head crab! FYI, the glasses on Freeman's head are not removable and watch out for some scratches, as mine has a weird scratch down one lens.

If you haven't noticed yet, I love this figure! He looks great, with a good amount of accessories, poses and a really colourful look. If you enjoyed the Half-Life series, you'll be like me and instantly full in love with this little scientist, but even if you're not a fan, I still think you can get some enjoyment out of this action figure. See if you agree, by checking out a ton of photos!


About " "

I'm a gamer, movie watcher, book reader, collector of action figures and sometimes on random I'll wander outside. I mostly enjoy horror related items of terror, so you might notice a trend when visiting my two sites: From the Mind of Tatlock and From the Basement of Tatlock.
  1. I got so caught up in posting these pictures, I forgot my watermark. Argh, that's way too much work to go back and add it in. So, don't steal them, unless you tell me first. I trust my loyal viewers, it's those shady ones I don't trust, like you and you and YOU! You over there, you're cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pose ideas, I'm copying your 'foot on the headcrab and raised crowbar' pose for my own Gordon!

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2014 ACTION FIGURES AND COLLECTIBLES | FROM THE BASEMENT OF TATLOCK