Wednesday 6 June 2012

Mass Effect Series 2 - Garrus Vakarian Action Figure


In celebration of the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) happening in Los Angeles this week, I thought it would be fitting to have a video game Action Figures showcase theme this week.  Monday brought us Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell and today brings us Garrus Vakarian from the Mass Effect series.

Garrus' appearance is based on his look from Mass Effect 2 and is brought to us by Big Fish Toys. His only accessory is a sniper rifle, but it also includes a base to help him stand. Articulation is limited and the sniper rifle has a some trouble staying in his hands, this will limit your poses to one or two. The paint is well detailed and really brings out the battle damaged look that Garrus supported in ME2. It should be mentioned, if you like to keep your action figures in the package, you'll be missing out on a downloadable code for the multiplayer portion of Mass Effect 3 video game.

It might not be as high quality and articulated as other action figures, but if you're a fan of Mass Effect and Garrus Varkarian, you can't go wrong with picking him up.

What do you think of the Mass Effect action figures?  Is there something you would like to see down the line for the series?  Do you wish a different company was making them?  Fire away in the comments section below.

Now for the pictures! (Click to enlarge.)

About " "

I'm a gamer, movie watcher, book reader, collector of action figures and sometimes on random I'll wander outside. I mostly enjoy horror related items of terror, so you might notice a trend when visiting my two sites: From the Mind of Tatlock and From the Basement of Tatlock.
  1. I actually watched part of E3! Can you tell that I'm obviously impressed with myself? I watched the Nintendo presentation, but I'm not sure how I feel about the tablet device that they've come up with! Does this mean I'll need to buy an entire new Wii hardware system to play Wii U? Or just the tablet?

    Sorry, this post is completely unrelated to the lovely ME2 action figure shown above... Although I am impressed with the number of poses you managed to come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The WiiU is an entirely new console. The tablet that you mention is the controller. So yeah, if you really want to play the new WiiU, you'll have to fork over the money for new hardware.

    Thanks! It's very limited on the poses, so I'm surprised I managed to get what I got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's what Tamara and I were thinking when we were watching the WiiU presentation, but they never really addressed (other than we could tell that the console looked different than the Wii, but it could have just been an updated version of the Wii console; sadly, it's not). Odd that they're keeping the same controllers though (other than the tablet one).

      Delete
    2. Sadly, I do sort of want to play the WiiU Lego City game when it comes out...

      Delete
    3. Nintendo introduced the Wii U Pro Controller, so at least you don't have to just use the tablet or wiimotes.

      I personally have no excitement for the Wii U. I didn't even check out what games they showed at E3. It's a sad world when I don't care about Nintendo.

      Delete
  3. This can help you a long way in establishing perfect hot-headed
    toaster oven for the home include. Roasting into a convection oven requires certainly no surrounding of any sort.
    Sitting down that offer waste a loaf of bread crumbs within your slot machine.
    Below we'll investigate different flower garden meals publish Marshmallow Filler with you'll be very
    impressed with those dreaded!

    Here is my web site review of dualit toasters

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2014 ACTION FIGURES AND COLLECTIBLES | FROM THE BASEMENT OF TATLOCK