Sunday 17 June 2012

7" Patrick Bateman from American Psycho


Back from returning some videotapes and just in time for the new Action Figures showcase, is Patrick Bateman from American Psycho.

If you were to base NECA's work on this figure alone, you would probably never buy another figure of theirs. The paintwork is sloppy, the sculpt is not the best (squint and you may see Christian Bale) and the articulation is almost nonexistent. Nobody is perfect though and NECA has gone on to make some absolutely brilliant looking action figures.

The figure isn't a complete write-off, as he comes with a bunch of accessories: two knives, nail gun, axe, base (with no peg to help him stand!?!), tape deck with headphones, a videocassette tape and finally an alternate hand. Sadly, Bateman's left hand only holds a few of the accessories, none of them being the knives or axe. Also, for some reason, Patrick Bateman's hands look like they belong on a 100 year old, instead of the fit young man he is in the film. The figure's arms have no articulation in the elbow, so your stuck with a bent right arm. The legs have no articulation and they don't help the figure stand at all, he constantly will fall backwards (use one of the knives to help him stand, see pic below).

I hear the 18" Patrick Bateman figure is a lot better, but if you're tight for room and want the smaller version, this is your only option.  Just put him in one pose, squint your eyes and hope he stays standing up.

Let me know what you think on the business card-loving maniac action figure himself, in the comments section below. Now for the pictures. (Click to enlarge.)


About " "

I'm a gamer, movie watcher, book reader, collector of action figures and sometimes on random I'll wander outside. I mostly enjoy horror related items of terror, so you might notice a trend when visiting my two sites: From the Mind of Tatlock and From the Basement of Tatlock.
  1. This is one of my absolute favorite movies & I've been looking for this guy everywhere and can't find one anywhere for a decent price for a loose figure to display on my desk. Would you be willing to part with it and sell him for ~$20-$25?

    - Drew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Drew, I wouldn't be willing to sell my Patrick Bateman figure, but I will keep an eye out for any great deals I come across for the figure. I'll post the link to whatever I find in this comment section, so make sure to subscribe to these comments, or just keep checking back.



    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is a little higher than what you were asking, but I found this auction and so far it only has one bid. You might get lucky and get it for a fair price. Check it out here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400509771613?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2014 ACTION FIGURES AND COLLECTIBLES | FROM THE BASEMENT OF TATLOCK