Sunday 7 July 2013

Rambo Series 1: John J. Rambo (First Blood)

Rambo Series 1 John J. Rambo
- OTHER FIGURES -
They drew first blood, not me. The infamous words of John J. Rambo, from the classic First Blood movie. Who would've thought that now, 2013, we would have in our hands, a John J. Rambo action figure! Not me, but I'm glad to say, I finally do have one. It's got a little bit of backlash online, but after getting him in my dirty little hands, I have to say, I love em! Read on for the showcase and photos to see if you agree...


Release: 2013
Series: Rambo Series 1
Company: NECA
Accessories: Knife, Machine Gun, Alternate Hand
Articulation: Ball Joint Head, Shoulders, Elbows, Wrist, Torso, Hips, Knees, Ankles

Although this isn't the iconic version of Rambo (no red bandana, no glistening muscles and no compound bow), this most definitely is still Rambo. He's got the Stallone snarl, big ass gun, ammo belts and knife. The action figure comes with an alternate hand to hold the knife and he's battered and bloody. He can obtain a ton of poses, thanks to some wonderful articulation (I know people hate the crotch, but I love it). The paint work for the most part is pretty good and the sculpt is nicely done, although not Predator Dutch quality, sadly. If I had one complaint, it would be the figure is a little too waxy looking. 

Personally, I think the hate for this figure is unjustified. I think he looks great and does a perfect job of replicating our troubled war vet. I hope my photos below will turn you around on him, so you will give the action figure a chance.










About " "

I'm a gamer, movie watcher, book reader, collector of action figures and sometimes on random I'll wander outside. I mostly enjoy horror related items of terror, so you might notice a trend when visiting my two sites: From the Mind of Tatlock and From the Basement of Tatlock.
  1. Hey mike. I have to say well done keep up good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Pictures Mike! I have to agree though the the waxy appearance though.. it takes away from the figure... it's just too shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Yeah, they seemed to go a little overboard on the wax look. Light shines through it too easily. I do see how they want it to have a sweaty look, but tis too much.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2014 ACTION FIGURES AND COLLECTIBLES | FROM THE BASEMENT OF TATLOCK