Thursday 3 January 2013

Terminator Series 3: Kyle Reese

TERMINATOR -

I hope everyone's holidays were a blast and lots of rest was obtained. I know I had a good time, mainly due to the fact that I was able to get my mitts on some sweet action figures, with one being showcased right now; the best damn resistance fighter this side of the timeline, Kyle Reese. A nice looking figure, with a slightly messed up mug. Let's jump through the time machine and get on with this showcase...

The main thing that needs to be pointed out is the most obvious to the viewer, the face. I give props to NECA for trying to capture Michael Biehn's face, but knowing how great they can be at sculpting likenesses, the Kyle Reese figure fails. Something just seems off, it could be the way too high eyebrows, or the creepy soulless eyes, but either way, it just isn't as good as it can be. It also has a certain resemblance to David from the Lost Boys.


As for the rest, the figure is overall great, with a few nitpicks here and there. The trench coat is made of a flexible rubber and looks nice, as does the dirty shirt and paint stained hobo pants. The shoes also look great, but it looks like NECA couldn't get the NIKE rights, as the checkmark isn't complete on the shoes. Secondly, the shotgun with it's sawed off stock is cool and the added string is a neat idea, but from what I remember, it's on the wrong side of his coat and instead should be slung around his right shoulder. The only other accessory, is a so small, you'll likely lose it, photo of Sarah Connor. It's an interesting accessory to include, but be careful you don't lose it. Articulation included on the figure are: neck, shoulders, elbows, wrist, waist and ankles. Quick note, Kyle tends to fall over unless you find the perfect stance.

Well, this is the only chance you're going to get to obtain a 7" Kyle Reese figure and thankfully it isn't the worst one we could've gotten. A lot of people will be put off on the likeness, but it doesn't bother me too much and in the end I would recommend it. Now for the photos to make up your mind.



About " "

I'm a gamer, movie watcher, book reader, collector of action figures and sometimes on random I'll wander outside. I mostly enjoy horror related items of terror, so you might notice a trend when visiting my two sites: From the Mind of Tatlock and From the Basement of Tatlock.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2014 ACTION FIGURES AND COLLECTIBLES | FROM THE BASEMENT OF TATLOCK