Sunday 10 February 2013

A Nightmare on Elm Street Series 3: Dream Child Freddy

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET -
I'm not sure why it took me until now to showcase the second figure in Series 3 of A Nightmare on Elm Street. The previous figure was the Dream Warriors Freddy, with the needle fingers. This time, it's Dream Child Freddy, based on his appearance at the beginning of the movie, just as he is being born. It's once again a scene specific figure, so wanting it will be based on whether scene specific bothers you or not, as for me, of course it doesn't, or else I wouldn't be showcasing it after the jump...

The Dream Child Freddy features a different type of plastic, more of a translucent look, with a nice glossy paint job. This makes the figure stand out and really brings out a life-like look to him. As for the sculpt, they captured Freddy's older, more heavier look perfectly. Different from the other Freddies, is the extended left hand and foot (Freddy was slowly taking shape after being born). The rest of the sculpt is pretty much the same as the others. The articulation is also the same, with movement in the head, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist and ankles. The figure also comes with some neat accessories, such as an alternate grimacing face, hat and tiny little Freddy fetus, with moveable head and dangling umbilical cord!


I really enjoy the Elm Street Freddy figures from NECA and the Dream Child Freddy is no different. Would I of rather of had a more neutral Freddy look from Dream Child? Maybe, but I'm happy with this look and I can only assume we'll probably get a regular Dream Child look down the road, if NECA decides to continue the series. So, with that we come to the end, but don't fret! We got a shit ton of photos to look at!



About " "

I'm a gamer, movie watcher, book reader, collector of action figures and sometimes on random I'll wander outside. I mostly enjoy horror related items of terror, so you might notice a trend when visiting my two sites: From the Mind of Tatlock and From the Basement of Tatlock.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2014 ACTION FIGURES AND COLLECTIBLES | FROM THE BASEMENT OF TATLOCK