Sunday 16 December 2012

Predator Series 3: Elder Predator

PREDATOR -

After some awful repair work by yours truly, which consisted of a screw, drill and super glue, I now bring you the showcase for the Elder Predator. He may not be able to move his left elbow, but he still kicks some sweet ass...

The Elder Predator is a great looking design and his appearance at the end of Predator 2 is definitely memorable. I remember watching Predator 2 when it came out and at the time I was fairly young. I'm not sure how my child sized brain withstood the awesomeness of said ending and seeing all those fantastic Predators, now known as the Lost Tribe. Even to this day, I still get goosebumps watching that ending. Nothing could spoil it for me, well maybe one thing could.


As for the figure of Elder, NECA once again pulls no stops and gives us what we asked for, a fantastic figure that almost perfectly captures every small detail. There are a few issues here there, such as the blades and hoses being present on him, when in fact, they aren't in the movie. Also, the plasma cannon is missing the tri-laser. These are small issues though and are ones that shouldn't hold you back from buying it. The paint and sculpt are brilliant, with only a little bit a paint slop (mostly the netting on the body, with my broken arm missing the paint lines for the netting altogether). I'm loving the lip ring, but be careful though, as it can easily break (among other things). Due to this figure being in the early series of Predators, the articulation isn't as great as the newer ones, so don't except some amazing poses from the waist down. Still you can get some nice Elder looks with what he has, which are: neck, shoulders, elbows, wrist, cut waist, cut hips, cut upper thighs, knees and finally ankles.  Accessories included are: the flintlock pistol and sword, which can be sheathed.

If you want to own the Lost Tribe, you need to pick up the Elder Predator, no question about it. Thankfully that shouldn't be a problem, cause NECA did their job and gave us a fantastic figure. See for yourself in the pictures below.


About " "

I'm a gamer, movie watcher, book reader, collector of action figures and sometimes on random I'll wander outside. I mostly enjoy horror related items of terror, so you might notice a trend when visiting my two sites: From the Mind of Tatlock and From the Basement of Tatlock.
  1. Great review--and the link to the behind-the-scenes clip for Predator 2 was a nice touch, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the review and clip. :)

      Delete

 
Copyright © 2014 ACTION FIGURES AND COLLECTIBLES | FROM THE BASEMENT OF TATLOCK