Monday 14 January 2013

Hellraiser Series 2: Angelique Cenobite

HELLRAISER

We're back to Cenobites with this showcase, with me bringing you the Angelique Cenobite, from her appearance in Hellraiser: Bloodline. I love the look of Angelique, but unfortunately, I'm a little disappointed in the soft features and poor paint work of the figure. If might be older, but when compared to other great ones in the Hellraiser line, this one ranks a little lower on the scale of quality.

As I've said above, I love the grotesque design of Angelique, with the peeled back skin attached to her shoulders with wires. Even though Hellraiser: Bloodline turned out to be a bloody mess, the Cenobites that we got in the film, were a giant step forward coming from Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth.


The figure definitely captures all those details, but the overall work on it is a little on the sloppy side. I find the sculpt and paintwork in the face much too soft and doesn't look like the actress playing Angelique. Also, the wires that attach to her shoulders can easily break if the figure's limited articulation is used. As for the articulation, you get limited movement in the head, shoulders and forearms. Besides, the forearms, the movement is hindered by the wires connected to the shoulders and even though I barely move my figures, one of the wires came undone, so be careful when handling her. Finally, the two accessories are the pillar piece and the exact same puzzle box that Pinhead had in Series 1.

Honestly, even though the sculpt and paintwork are not the best, I still recommend the figure as overall, it's quite nice. If you can forgive the slight problems, you'll be pleased to have her grace your shelves of Cenobites. See if you agree by checking out the photos below.


About " "

I'm a gamer, movie watcher, book reader, collector of action figures and sometimes on random I'll wander outside. I mostly enjoy horror related items of terror, so you might notice a trend when visiting my two sites: From the Mind of Tatlock and From the Basement of Tatlock.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2014 ACTION FIGURES AND COLLECTIBLES | FROM THE BASEMENT OF TATLOCK