Tuesday 30 July 2013

Aliens Series 1: Corporal Dwayne Hicks

- ALIEN -
Sorry for the long delay people, I've been refocusing on different stuff in my life and one of those things happened to be a small Aliens diorama. I want to do a big showcase/wrap up at the end, for the entirety of Aliens Series 1, but for now, I will be focusing on one figure in the series, specifically Corporal Dwayne Hicks. Let's get this bug hunt on the go, by reading on...


Release: 2013
Series: Aliens Series 1
Company: NECA
Accessories: Pulse Rifle, Shotgun,Welder, Gun Sling
Articulation: Ball Joint Head, Neck, Shoulders, Biceps, Elbows, Wrist, Torso, Hips, Double jointed Knees, Ankles, Feet

Everyone pretty much loves Aliens and the Colonial Marines, so not much can be said for that. It was a kick-ass action figure, but what about the figure?

Firstly, NECA has a done a great job at improving the Michael Biehn sculpt, compared to their Kyle Reese figure. He actually looks pretty good, with minimal paint slop. His marine outfit is outstanding, with all the little bits and pieces that make Hicks so unique. You have the bullet hole in his shoulder, the heart and lock on his chest and various tattoos all over. He looks pretty damn fantastic. Speaking of fantastic, the articulation is superb, with my only complaint being the loose ankles, which can cause some problems keeping the figure standing. Besides that, he can be posed in several different ways, thanks to some nice hip and knee articulation. Also, having the feet be bendable, really allows you even more great poses. Excellent articulation, I say.

So, the verdict? A no brainer for Aliens fans and action figure fans alike. Pick up this figure ASAP!









About " "

I'm a gamer, movie watcher, book reader, collector of action figures and sometimes on random I'll wander outside. I mostly enjoy horror related items of terror, so you might notice a trend when visiting my two sites: From the Mind of Tatlock and From the Basement of Tatlock.
  1. Awesome Pics Mike! and great job on the diorama!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sophie! It came pretty good. I'm still tweaking the colouring with the filters, as some photos had some bad bleed problems, as evident in a few of them. Still, I bought some new lighting and a sweet macro lens, so I'm thinking this site will spring back to life with even better photos in the near future.



    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2014 ACTION FIGURES AND COLLECTIBLES | FROM THE BASEMENT OF TATLOCK